It’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate.
Great video full of interesting facts and well worth sharing.
A few tidbits:
- It took radio 38 years to reach 50 million users while Facebook achieved the same number within 9 months
- 80% of companies are using LinkedIn as their primary tool to find employees
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year old women
- Gen Y consider email passe. In 2009, Boston College stopped distributing email addresses to new starters
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world
- 78% of internet users trust peer recommendations while only 14% trust advertisements
- 1 in 4 Americans in the past month have watched a short video… on their phone
- More than 1.5m pieces of content are shared on Facebook, daily
- Listen first, sell second
The most amusing I thought was: “What happens in Vegas now stays in Facebook, Twitter, Bebo, Orkut, Digg, MySpace and YouTube”